I am a third-year PhD student at Rice University, working with Dr. Andrew J. Schaefer in the department of Computational Applied Mathematics & Operations Research (CMOR). Before Rice, I obtained my BS in Applied Mathematics from the University of California, Davis.
Mixed-integer programming, optimization under uncertainty, mathematical software, operations research, deep learning applications
- Research Mentor, Data to Knowledge Lab, Rice University (2022)
- Research Intern, MIT Lincoln Laboratory - Group 42 (2022)
- Instructor, Tapia STEM Camp, Rice University (2021)
- Grader & Graduate Research Assistant, CMOR Dept., Rice University (2020-Present)
- Quality Product Auditor, Pacific Southwest Container (2019-2020)
- Undergraduate Grader, Dept. of Mathematics, UC Davis (2017-2018)
- Orientation Leader, UC Davis (2017)
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Mathematics, UC Davis (2016-2017)
- NIH Research Supplement to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research Award (2022-2025)
- Sponsoring Agency: National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- GEM Fellowship - MIT Lincoln Laboratory (2022-2025)
- NSF AGEP STRIDES Scholar (2022)
- Research Mentoring Fellowship - Data to Knowledge Lab, Rice University (2022)
- Computational Science and Engineering Recruiting Fellowship - Ken Kennedy Institute, Rice University (2020-2024)
Some of my hobbies/interests include soccer, music, guitar, cinema, and writing.
My hometown is Modesto, CA.